Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Should I go ahead and SLAM?

1. Back To Top    #1

Should I go ahead and SLAM?

My wonderful husband just blew grass ALL in the pool. It is all in it. Should I just go ahead and SLAM or monitor my CC levels closely? I could scream... and drown him in the pool.
    24k gal. In-ground, vinyl. 2005 build
    Hayward Pro-Series S244T sand filter system
    Hayward motor & pump (rpm 3450,model SP2607X10)
    Polaris 280 w/booster pump.Taylor K-2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Should I go ahead and SLAM?

I've had the wind pick up and blow lots of grass in the pool when I was mowing. Just let the skimmers do their thing and run the pool cleaner if you've got one. Make sure your FC stays above minimum as usual and it should be fine.

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by n240sxguy View Post
    I've had the wind pick up and blow lots of grass in the pool when I was mowing. Just let the skimmers do their thing and run the pool cleaner if you've got one. Make sure your FC stays above minimum as usual and it should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Was there just stuff floating EVERYWHERE in it? It sure seems like it will take a while to get it all out. I forgot to mention that it poured rain right afterwards so I wasn't able to skim any off the top with my leaf rake before it starting raining. So, when it started pouring it all sank around in the pool. I am also having problems with my Polaris 280. I started a post in the cleaners forum if anyone has time to go over and read it.

4. Back To Top    #4

I had enough that it completely filled one of my skimmers and the suction from the pump crushed the basket because I was only pulling from the skimmers. The other basket had a decent amount in it too. I'll see if I can find your 280 thread. I've never had to repair mine, but I've read about them some to know what to expect.

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by n240sxguy View Post
    I had enough that it completely filled one of my skimmers and the suction from the pump crushed the basket because I was only pulling from the skimmers. The other basket had a decent amount in it too. I'll see if I can find your 280 thread. I've never had to repair mine, but I've read about them some to know what to expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you!