Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool STILLLLL Cloudy

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool STILLLLL Cloudy

So I opened the pool very impatiently and all of the gunk on top of the cover has now landed squarely in the pool. What was a clear pool with a little settled dirt on the bottom quickly became a green swamp. I began by scooping out gunk (i think i have got it all but can't see the bottom) and added about 8 bottles of bleach. I figure go big or go home!! I vacuumed and scrubbed the walls numerous time in the last few days. Below are my current numbers after using my Taylor k2006 kit . Please help the cloudiness does not seem to be clearing.

FC 12
    PH 7.6
    TA 100
    CH 180
    CYA 35
    Mrsegriffin
    approx. 30000 Gallon In ground Pool Sand Filter Built in the 80's.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pool STILLLLL Cloudy

Welcome to the forum. What we teach here will be quite a bit more precise than you are currently doing. You need to SLAM your pool. The article that will guide you through that is located in Pool School and it will ALWAYS work.......you just have to follow the directions precisely. We will be glad to help you get your pool back to sparkling clear.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Go big is right! Stock-up on the bleach and continue the SLAM (link below) until you meet all 3 criteria. You'll be swimming laps before you know it. Welcome!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Heh i did the exact same thing a week ago and am paying the price still and have my own thread on it. I would read pool school and familiarize yourself with what to do and what NOT to do!! The devils in the details and clean everyday. I am still finding stuff on the bottom as the pool clears. Pool school works!