Travel Trailer repairs

TizMe

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
Covington, Georgia
Is there anyone on the forum who has any expertise in repairing the roof of a travel trailer. My boss apparently has "purchased" one and the roof is in need of repairs. I dont know the make or model so I am not sure if its aluminum or fiberglass body. The story is the previous owner "clipped" something at the roof line and it supposedly has a whole in it. I am taking my camera tomorrow to take pictures of the damage. The insurance Co has "written" it off so I dont know if that means its an expensive fix and the trailer isnt worth the amount to fix it OR its not fixable ....

Is there anything I/we should be looking for ? I will post pics tomorrow night of the damage. Any help would be appreciated !

I just remembered that forum today FPM thanks !! The damage wasnt all that severe. The place he took it to quoted him $500 to repair it. I told him is very lucky !! The trailer is fiberglass with a membrane roof and all the damage was it tore the membrane back a little and lifted the track where the fiberglass body meets the roof. There is some water damage inside but nothing near what it could be like. Fortunately the kitchen is at the front of the camper so the cabinets hide it.

Front corner of camper

Thought you might like to see the damage done. We dropped it off today to be repaired it should be ready Monday.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.