Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SLAM process prevails yet again!! (Pics)

1. Back To Top    #1

SLAM process prevails yet again!! (Pics)

Just wanted to post some pics to show how much better the TFP method is over the pool stores. This is my step-daughter's pool and she had been having a pool guy from a local pool store coming to try and open her "swamp". After almost a month her pool was still green. So I stepped in with my TF-100 testing kit and a whole lotta bleach and I'm proud to say the pool is now clear after only 2 days! Here's the pics that tell the story:

This is how it looked in the very beginning on May 1st:
    image.jpg

This was on May 3rd after the pool guy came by (he was using shock):
    image.jpg

May 5th:
    image.jpg

May 6th (pool guy still, but he's making a little progress):
    image.jpg

May 7th:
    image.jpg

So the pool guy keeps coming and the pool never looked much different, continuously staying green. By this time I've advised my daughter to stop using him and start pouring bleach in the water. This scared her and the pool guy tells her by no means should you ever use bleach. Needless to say the pool never cleared up and my daughter is finally fed up. I go to her house to start the SLAM and finally get this water clear for her. Next post . . .
    ​Jennifer
    19k gal, 27' x 54" AG Aqua Leader Saltwater 8000 installed April 2014; Aqua Pro 19" Sand Filter System 1.5-hp Pump; Hayward Aqua Trol Salt Chlorine Generator System; Overlap Boulder Swirl Liner; Polaris 65 Turbo Turtle Automatic Cleaner; TF-100 Testing Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: SLAM process prevails yet again!! (Pics)

Glad you took over! Looking forward to next post.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

This is how it looked when I started on May 28th:
    image.jpg

This is what I used (along with lots of vacuuming and sweeping):
    image.jpg

May 29th:
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

This is today, May 30th after only 2 days!!! Clear water and you can see all the way to the bottom!
    image.jpg
    ​Jennifer
    19k gal, 27' x 54" AG Aqua Leader Saltwater 8000 installed April 2014; Aqua Pro 19" Sand Filter System 1.5-hp Pump; Hayward Aqua Trol Salt Chlorine Generator System; Overlap Boulder Swirl Liner; Polaris 65 Turbo Turtle Automatic Cleaner; TF-100 Testing Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I do believe that's the drain I see all the way down there in the deep end! Yay!!!! Thanks TFP! My daughter now says I'm the pool doctor! Gonna do an overnight chlorine loss test tonight and more vacuuming today but I do believe we are there!!!
    image.jpg

Sorry my pics are sideways. Can't figure out how to rotate them on my phone.
    ​Jennifer

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Thank you for sharing!
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

6. Back To Top    #6

There you go!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

7. Back To Top    #7

Another thumbs-up for the TFP method! Great job to you JLS. Thanks for sharing.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by *JLS* View Post
    .... the pool guy tells her by no means should you ever use bleach.
    This is always hilarious. The pool stores tell you "never use bleach", but they'll happily sell you "liquid chlorine" or "liquid shock", which is, of course, just more concentrated bleach.
    25000-gallon semi-public IG concrete/plaster pool, Triton II sand filter
    750-gallon semi-public IG concrete/plaster spa, cartridge filter
    Volunteer pool caretaker for my condominium complex

9. Back To Top    #9

Make sure you get her to stay on board and not just run back to "their" ways.

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by TomBorg View Post
    This is always hilarious. The pool stores tell you "never use bleach", but they'll happily sell you "liquid chlorine" or "liquid shock", which is, of course, just more concentrated bleach.
    As long as it says shock on it instead of bleach they can endorse it.

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

11. Back To Top    #11

Thanks everyone! Thanks to TFP I've never had green water in my own pool. Needless to say i was excited to finally get to try the SLAM on my daughter's pool after reading about everyone else's success stories. I love a good challenge and TFP helped me clear this one with no problem!!
    ​Jennifer

12. Back To Top    #12

I cant believe a professional pool guy leaves all that **** on the bottom and thinks its going to clear up

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by i_hate_pools View Post
    I cant believe a professional pool guy leaves all that **** on the bottom and thinks its going to clear up
    My thoughts exactly! And this is even better - the pool guy had been at her pool the morning of the day I went to start the SLAM. When I tested for FC it was at 0! I'm convinced all he did was sit there and try to talk the algae out of the pool. Haha
    ​Jennifer

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by i_hate_pools View Post
    "Professional" just means he does it for a living, not that he's any good.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by n240sxguy View Post
    Make sure you get her to stay on board and not just run back to "their" ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm going to order a TF-100 for her and be sure of this! I don't think she'll ever step foot in another pool store, I've created another believer in the TFP world!
    ​Jennifer

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by *JLS* View Post
    I'm going to order a TF-100 for her and be sure of this! I don't think she'll ever step foot in another pool store, I've created another believer in the TFP world!
    Schweeet! Good job!

17. Back To Top    #17

Done good!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter