New pool with Leak On Bottom Seam While Filling HELPPPPP!

May 23, 2015
Andrews, SC
Hey guys... so I got my ABG Intex Ultra Frame 18'x48" pool set up yesterday. While filling after there was about a foot of water in the pool we noticed a small pinhole leak on the bottom seam. Dripping at a slow rate. I stopped putting water in it and I know I need to patch it. I want to patch it without having to drain the water. There are patches included, no adhesive or really instructions on how to patch it specifically on that spot. ANY advise would be greatly appreciated so I can finish filling the pool.

I did a search on google and got several ytubes on how to do it. I think that would be more helpful than typing words.

I know I have patched a pool underwater. At least you do not have to dive down to do it.

Good luck!

Kim

You'll need glue/adhesive that you can find at the pool store or even at Lowe's in the pool section. You'll be patching 3 times with the first patch covering the hole. Round the edges of the patch, put glue on it, fold it over on itself and once to the hole, open the patch, glue side down and hold in place. Nextvpatch bigger than the first, same deal, press on, hold. 3rd patch bigger than the last. This will ensure adequate coverage and stop the leak.

Thanks casey.. it's a slow drip on the bottom seam which is not all the way to the ground. How long should I hold the patch down? Do I need to put something on it to hold it? Also when I noticed the dripping I turned off the hose to stop filling. Theres a little over a foot of water already in pool... Should I go ahead and continue filling after patching? If not and i should wait, how many hours do I wait until I can continue filling? Thanks!

This whole patch process will take you 15 minutes at best. Push patch on and it will stick. It'll be easier to patch it with a ft of water verses 4ft of water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.