how to add muratic acid

Hi BBecky75, hopefully one of the experts will chime in on this . They will need some particulars on your numbers. Pool math is a great place to find how much acid to add based on your numbers. Like, are you trying to lower TA or PH ? To add acid you can pour it in slowly in front of a return jet or into the skimmer. knowing why you need to acid will help

You need to use PoolMath to calculate how much to add based on your current levels and your desired pH level.

TFP does not recommend adding anything into the skimmer. The Recommended Pool Chemicals article describes how to add chemicals.

Thanks For jumping in Jblizzle, I knew I was reaching trying to help. I know better than saying add thru skimmer. My bad

Becky coming from someone who was not certain when I came to TFP, I decided to follow the advice given to me by the members here. The best advice I was given was to invest in the TF100 test kit! I will make the same suggestion to you.

Test strips are just not accurate and you could cause more damage than good by using them to determine your levels.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I agree with Azgirl71 and others - do your best to get a test kit (i.e. TF-100) right away. They are great products and will serve you VERY well. Until it arrives, don't take chances on adding anything to your pool except perhaps a small amount of regular liquid bleach each evening - just to keep the pool sanitary. Once your kit arrives, tons of folks here will be glad to give you some pointers. PS - Stay away from the pool store for products, testing, or advice. They will only drain your pocket book and leave you frustrated. TFP will take care of you. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.