Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin nautilus plus

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin nautilus plus

Found a site online selling it with two sets of each filters for 688 with free shipping. Seems to be the best price I have found for a good middle of the road robot cleaner. I have a 22k ig vinyl pool. Would yall recommend this cleaner or something else in the same price range?

sj45 swg, tf-100 test kit, 16x32 ig 22,000 gal vinyl, Dolphin nautilus plus

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dolphin nautilus plus

I have a in ground vinyl and i have the regular Nautilus. It's a great cleaner without any bells and whistles. I love the thing and if a good basic cleaner suits your needs, then I would recommend it.

That looks like a pretty good price too.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Dolphin Nautilus Plus

This is the link to it

4. Back To Top    #4

Wanted to chime in.... Just got my Dolphin Nautilus off Amazon ($515) a week or so ago. I am going from a Polaris 280 cleaner to the Dolphin. The only question I have is why didn't I switch sooner. The cleaner is worth its weight in gold in my opinion. Set it and forget it. I have a 23K gallon pool and it does a awesome job. My old Polaris would occasionally miss a spot and I would have to direct it to the spot. Not with my Dolphin. Throw it in, hit the power button, and return in a couple of hours to a clean pool.

Thanks for everyone in the forums for pointing me in the right direction.
    2004, 22.5K Gal., 36x18, IG Gunite, 2HP Hayward Pump, Hayward Sand Filter, Raypak 406 NG Heater, Dolphin Supreme M4 Robot, Automatic Cover

5. Back To Top    #5

well I bite the bullet and ordered it this morning, will be a lot nicer to throw it in the pool and let it do its work

6. Back To Top    #6

I think I'll be up next for a Dolphin too. This looks like a good deal, hmmmm...
    16x32 27k gal oval gunite pool, 24-inch Hayward sand filter, 1HP pump

7. Back To Top    #7

stupid question, the unit comes with two sets of filers. one is a screen type and the other is more of a filter... which set to use for daily cleaning?

8. Back To Top    #8

Use the fiber filters for fine debris like dirt and the screens for larger debris.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by ping View Post
    Use the fiber filters for fine debris like dirt and the screens for larger debris.
    awesome thanks

10. Back To Top    #10

Well it's in the pool doing its thing. It's a lot faster then I thought it would be. Looks like my life may of just got easier lol

11. Back To Top    #11

The Plus will likely be my next purchase WHEN my old TigerShark dies in the near future. Not sure on its age as I inherited it, but it's got to be 7+ years old. I guess in my climate that's only about 3+ years of usage though. Kinda like dog years versus human years.

# Sent from mobile device. Beware of brevity and spelling errors!
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

12. Back To Top    #12

Dolphin nautilus plus

Man o man this thing makes me happy!! Cleaned the pool like a champ. Climbed the walls and cleaned up top. Tried to get on the stairs but only made I believe once or twice that I saw. Overall I am very impressed with the machine. I was a little worried it wouldn't get some of the stuff but it did great. Now the pool looks amazing. And I don't have to drag out the 30ft of hose and try to navigate the pole over the stuff at the deepend

13. Back To Top    #13

I got my Plus about a month ago. I like mine also, making my life a little easier. Glad you're having a good experience too.
    1994 18X36 IG vinyl, about 24,000 gallons, Hayward sand filter model S244T, 2 speed 1hp pump w/timer, Dolphin Nautilus Plus Robot, in beautiful SW Ohio.