Best base for large Intex

PAGirl

TFP Guide
Jun 5, 2012
Central PA
We are in the process of clearing ground for a 26' Intex ultra frame. Ground is leveled. We are on the edge of a field, so we want to make sure we do this correctly. Is it necessary to have a layer of crusher rock below the sand? We got many of the rocks out of the ground, but there is no humanly possible way to get them all, lol. We also plan on getting a Gorilla pad for on top of the sand. We don't want any large rocks pushing their way through. We are also going to tamp the ground down before we start adding any layers. I looked into the insulation to use as a barrier, but to me, it didn't seem any cheaper than the pad, and a lot moe work!

The Gorilla pad is not very thick. When I was looking at it I thought it looked like it was really just a thick tarp. I worry that you would still notice the rocks.

How thick are you thinking about for the sand? Sand settles and moves very easy so is not the ideal base.

I just wanted to put that out there for you to think about.

Kim (I was going to be silly and ask if you had bought a good test kit yet LOL!)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.