Plaster and rain/breakin period

grottoguy

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 24, 2014
NJ
I'm scheduled to get Plaster on Monday and it is supposed to rain. I've seen some people say that if it doesn't rain for at least two hours after plaster, it is ok. But others have indicated that if rain comes down the pool walls, it can cause problems. Is there a consensus on this cite?

Also, the Startup Procedures on this cite states that there should be no swimming during the break-in period. What exactly is the break-in period?

Thanks

6 hours is preferred from the last troweling to exposure to water. Are they planning on acid washing it the following day?

Given the considerable expense of the pool finish and likely blame on the weather for an unsatisfactory product, I would suggest rescheduling it.

The break in period more applies to the acid start-ups. The pH will be very low for a few days to a few weeks. As long a the surface has sufficiently cured and the water is within safe parameters, have at it. Some say to wait a month before swimming because plaster doesn't achieve its full strength until 28 days after application.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.