Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: adding extra strainer and flow valve s to agp.

1. Back To Top    #1

adding extra strainer and flow valve s to agp.

I'd like to add an extra set of strainer and flow valves to my intex pool. do I need to reinforce the holes prior to putting the valves on?
    I have a separate pump that runs my solar panels. I'd like to keep the two systems separate.
    Thank you

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: adding extra strainer and flow valve s to agp.

I would reinforce before adding them. You could probably use a patch kit to add an extra layer where you will be cutting.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Here's some videos that people have done:

Pretty detailed info: Installing a thru-wall skimmer in an Intex pool - YouTube
    Intex pool wall skimmer install - YouTube

Looks like they just mounted it. Looks good.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

4. Back To Top    #4

Good idea with the patch kit. I may reinforce the edges of the holes with the patch kit. Or glue the patch kit to double up the liner then cut the liner .
    Thank you

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Your welcome.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

6. Back To Top    #6

If your pool has the intex installed drain plug at the bottom of the pool you can use that and 1in pvc for plumbing.

I use the bottom drain for my solar. Its hooked up using the 1000gph intex pump and hoses attached with some 1in pipe and fittings.

My sand filter is plumbed with the larger intex valves which I cut in. The area I cut for the larger valves were already reinforced tho.

I saved some liner from previous pool for patching and or reinforcement
    15'x4' Metal Frame Intex 3yo (2nd year winterized) 16" 2650gph intex sand filter, Thru wall skimmer, dual inlet/single outlet, 1000gph intex pump (heater) Solar Cover TF-100 testkit, TFPC

7. Back To Top    #7

That's a fantastic idea. Did you use a certain valve in the inch drain plug? I could use one as intake one as flow valve?

8. Back To Top    #8

Ill take a picture it will better explain it.
    15'x4' Metal Frame Intex 3yo (2nd year winterized) 16" 2650gph intex sand filter, Thru wall skimmer, dual inlet/single outlet, 1000gph intex pump (heater) Solar Cover TF-100 testkit, TFPC

9. Back To Top    #9

Thank you kindly.

10. Back To Top    #10

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...pump-for-solar

I dont remember my photobucket sign-on at the moment. although I did take new pictures. the ones in my thread above are much better

where the connection is made at the pool the pcv consists of a 1inch section, the 45 elbow then some more pipe the valve and more pipe again. where it hooks onto the pool is a adapter that was inside one of my smaller intex filter hoses it slides snug over the 1inch pipe and is hose clamped, where it is hooked onto the pool fitting there is a piece of rubber from my old strainers and the adapter over that with a hose clamp. hopefully you get the idea. The small intex hoses slip over the pipe without any adapters just used hose clamps

11. Back To Top    #11

Very ingenious!