Test Kit Question?

PJBear

May 25, 2014
Owen Sound, ON
OK, my K-2006 Kit is almost 2 years old, stored mainly inside, except during last summer's short for me pool season (2 months - Aug/Sept). I am in Canada so I am a bit limited to what I can get. I noticed on Amazon.ca that I the Taylor K-2006 is available for $118 and shipping. Do I get a new kit or simply replace certain reagents. If this is the case, which reagents need replacing?

Thanks in advance!
PJ

I have some reagents that are 2+ years old and am still getting reliable results out of them. Like you, I store them inside - away from sunlight and any source of heat. Since yours was stored inside for a majority of the time, odds are good that they are still fine -especially if they show no signs of discoloration. Assuming that is the case and assuming you are getting relatively consistent results based on how you are managing the pool, I would continue using them. If would be much more concerned if you suddenly began noticing sharply different test results that are outside the norm for your pool for no other apparent reason.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.