Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Test Kit Question?

1. Back To Top    #1

Test Kit Question?

OK, my K-2006 Kit is almost 2 years old, stored mainly inside, except during last summer's short for me pool season (2 months - Aug/Sept). I am in Canada so I am a bit limited to what I can get. I noticed on Amazon.ca that I the Taylor K-2006 is available for $118 and shipping. Do I get a new kit or simply replace certain reagents. If this is the case, which reagents need replacing?

Thanks in advance!
    PJ
    Intex 24'x12'x52" Ultra Frame (2014), 8400 gallons (31800 litres), Intex sand filter and pump, Intex SWG, AquaBot Pura4xi, solar blanket. Proud owner of Hydropool Serenity 5 Hot Tub! Taylor K-2006 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Test Kit Question?

I have some reagents that are 2+ years old and am still getting reliable results out of them. Like you, I store them inside - away from sunlight and any source of heat. Since yours was stored inside for a majority of the time, odds are good that they are still fine -especially if they show no signs of discoloration. Assuming that is the case and assuming you are getting relatively consistent results based on how you are managing the pool, I would continue using them. If would be much more concerned if you suddenly began noticing sharply different test results that are outside the norm for your pool for no other apparent reason.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3

It's cheaper to replace regents. Have you seen this link: Pool School - Test Kits Compared

Not sure if TFTestkits.net ships to Canada.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by bobodaclown View Post
    Not sure if TFTestkits.net ships to Canada.
    Sadly they dont. One canadian company has a monopoly on taylor products, so u.s. companies cant ship to canada. The ones on amazon.ca ship from u.k.

I would use what you have for now
    32,000L Fibreglass Leisure Pools IG 12.5'x23'x5' Pump: AstralPools BX1 1.0HP
    Filter: AstralPools ZX-310 SWCG: AstralPools VX7T
    Heater: Hayward H250FDN Test Kit: TF-100

5. Back To Top    #5

This member found a place in Ontario to special order a test kit up there in Canada. I have not reviewed the thread to see if the company name is listed:
    Pool/Pump problems, very detailed, need help please. - Page 4
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!