Think it's time to take back my pool...

Yes, that is correct. My gut feel is I could've knocked at least 2 days off if I had taken light out sooner. As noted, towards the end when I couldn't pass OCLT I found some more junk in the light niche that I did not get out with my scrubbing from the pool deck reaching down. I had to get in the pool to have a better angle at it. That probably cost me another 2 days.

Wow - That's horrendous....I travel a lot and my wife is home with a 5 year old, I just don't know how I could spend two weeks doing that. I have an ammonia issue that I am going to try and deal with on Monday. I actually cancelled a business trip so I could stay home and do this....

Glad your done with this...Sad I am not :(

Joe! We will get you clear and safe! Just let us know when you are ready to start and we will cheer you on!

Have LOTS of bleach at hand as that ammonia will eat is about as fast as your pour it at the start!

Kim

Wow - That's horrendous....I travel a lot and my wife is home with a 5 year old, I just don't know how I could spend two weeks doing that. I have an ammonia issue that I am going to try and deal with on Monday. I actually cancelled a business trip so I could stay home and do this....

Glad your done with this...Sad I am not :(

I'm sure every SLAM varies somewhat, but I was able to get in front of the ammonia rapidly eating FC pretty quick - that took a little under 2 days for me. I started on Saturday and was checking every 30 mins for a few hours. On Sunday I only had to check every two hours. What took so long for me was getting over the OCLT hump. I travel a lot, but luckily for me it is within 2-3 hours so I am home every night and when not traveling I can work from home.

Once you beat the ammonia down, it tends to get more predictable in terms of how much FC you are losing per hour. Once FC consumption slows down, if you can figure you are losing X ppm FC per hour on average, and you know you're going to be gone for Y hours, then you can figure out how much you might need to overdose past the SLAM target so that it doesn't drop too far below SLAM target until you return home. Or it could at least help you give your wife an idea about how much LC to dump in by keeping it simple (1 gal, 1/2 gal) while you're gone, without her having to deal with the testing and juggling kiddos.

If you're going on a biz trip that is multiple overnights, that's a different story. I can't foresee that working without the assistance of someone else who could test regularly for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.