Maintain chlorine levels

Feb 10, 2008
Gilbert AZ
Although I don't actually "close" my pool for the winter, how long and at what levels do I have to maintain the chlorine level?
Currently the filter runs 2 - 1 1/2 hour cycles (6 AM & 9 PM) and my chlorine level is 2, adding 32 Oz of 6% per evening.
Is there a minimum water temp where the fear of algae forming in the pool is lessened?
My other tests are:
FC 2
PH 7.6 ( adding 5 oz of 31.5% each morning)
CH 460
ALK 105
CYA approx 55
CSI Index 0
SALT 3200
Water temp 68*
I added salt to the pool this year just to see how I liked it. Maybe I can get a SWG next year if I can find a good one at a good price.
Thanks

Is there a minimum water temp where the fear of algae forming in the pool is lessened?
My anecdotal experience indicates it is sort of a sliding scale......the lower the temp, the less chance of algae.

Probably starts slowing down a little in the 70's and perhaps close to non-existent in the 40's. I have had algae in my pool with water temps in the 40's, however.....just not very much and caused by complete neglect on my part.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.