Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wet look paver sealer...does it make the pavers slippery?

1. Back To Top    #1

Wet look paver sealer...does it make the pavers slippery?

I will be sealing my patio paver using the wet look sealer. However, I am concern that seal will make the pavers slippery when wet. Has anyone here sealed their pavers? Any recommendations, comments, etc will be appreciated.
    20,000 Gallons, 33.9 x 19.9 free form inground plaster pool 7 feet deep with Spillover Spa, Salt Generator (Fusion Soft),Heat Pump, Single Speed 2 HP Pump, D.E. Filter. Zodicac PDA, IQ900RS Controller.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wet look paver sealer...does it make the pavers slippery?

It can make them slippery, but there is an anti-skid additive you buy to mix in with the sealant or broadcast (depending on type) before the sealant dries that will add grip. I love the wet look and have no problems with slipping with the anti-skid additive.
    Replastered 2015: Sunstone Quartz Midnight Blue 16x32 rectangular gunite with in-pool spa....18,000 gallons. Autopilot Total Control System with SWG and acid pump. Pentair Clean & Clear 420. Auto cover. TF-100.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks PoolESQ!
    20,000 Gallons, 33.9 x 19.9 free form inground plaster pool 7 feet deep with Spillover Spa, Salt Generator (Fusion Soft),Heat Pump, Single Speed 2 HP Pump, D.E. Filter. Zodicac PDA, IQ900RS Controller.

4. Back To Top    #4

Name of wet look sealer and the anti-skid?
    18k free form IG w/spa (4 jets), Paramount in floor cleaning system, Starite system 3 filter, Jandy 2hp ePump, Sta-Rite SR400LP Maxi-therm propane heater, Jandy aquapure/apurem 1400 SWCG, Jandy automation PS4 w/PDA, IntelliBrite 120v 5-G LED pool & spa lights, 2" piping and (3)4x12 (5)4x10 Fafco Sunsaver Solar Panels.

5. Back To Top    #5

I am in the process of stripping old paint off of the pavers. I found the correct Sherwin Williams concrete paint with anti skid. I have seven pavers which I am stripping off the old paint. Tedious project for sure.

This is what the old pool looked like before we bought the home.

6. Back To Top    #6

I image it's a pain...that is why I am hiring a contractor to do it as I have over 1400 sq. feet and I am not handy at all. What is the name of the non skid product?

7. Back To Top    #7

Shark Grip is what I asked the guys who will be sealing our stamped concrete in a few weeks to add for anti slip.
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System