What is this in my pool ?

gdog2004

Jul 19, 2011
Lehigh Valley, PA
My pool measures out pretty clean chemical wise but after vacuuming thoroughly I noticed a few hours later what looked like leaves in the bottom of my pool. I went to scoop it out with a net and it desolved when I got close. So I turned the pump on high and made ALL of it turn to dust hoping the filter would get it all. A few hours later more of it came back. I do have some trees around but have no idea what this stuff is. Is it pollen ? Is it dirt from the filter coming back in the pool ? When I look at the return I dont see anything coming out. Any suggestions as to what it may be ?

Because of the way the water in my circulates, some dirt particulates in the water column all end up settling in the same spot on the bottom and looks like a small pile of small leaves. A swipe at it with my net sturs it up similar to what you are describing.

If yours is settling in the same spot, then its probably just stuff that settles out of the water. That my guess anyways.

11jn2th.jpg

Pool measurements. FC about 5, PH about 7.5.
TA was 50, I raised to 70. CYA was about 10 and I raised to 30.

Heres the stuff. Little hard to tell.
9sqady.jpg

Its an AGP. I only have one return and you can't aim it.
Also divin dave, what is a water column ?
He means the flow out the return. A lot of times you can see it moving suspended debris. Or when you dribble bleach into the stream, you see where it spreads out. I have dead spots in my pool where all the leaves and flower petals collect. It simplifies vacuuming.

Next time you use the pool, get everyone to create a whirlpool by running around the perimeter just before they get out. It'll gather all the debris up into the center and make it easy to vacuum up.

He means the flow out the return. A lot of times you can see it moving suspended debris. Or when you dribble bleach into the stream, you see where it spreads out. I have dead spots in my pool where all the leaves and flower petals collect. It simplifies vacuuming.

Next time you use the pool, get everyone to create a whirlpool by running around the perimeter just before they get out. It'll gather all the debris up into the center and make it easy to vacuum up.
Did this yesterday ! Then I scooped it out myself with a net. It seems that a lot of whats going in my pool is pine tree needles from my neighbors dying pine tree. **** you neighbors !!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.