Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Making a fountain that attaches to the skimmer port, that looks and sounds good

1. Back To Top    #1

Making a fountain that attaches to the skimmer port, that looks and sounds good

I'm sure we've all seen the fountains that cost 12 bucks an amazon. I'm looking for something more. The fountain pattern doesn't look anything special and the sound is more keen to someone peeing into the pool than the beautiful sound of rushing water. So I'm thinking of just taking some PVC fittings and some return jets and trying to make something better. Anyone ever done this? There are lots of different sizes and patters of return jets so it would be nice if someone had tried it before.
    Approx 15,000 gallon gunite pool, fiberglass finish. Hayward SP2302VSP, compools solar controller, 6 4x10 "Sealed Air" brand solar panels, Clean and Clear 520 cartridge filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Making a fountain that attaches to the skimmer port, that looks and sounds good

Search this forum and you'll find ll kind of pics of Frankenstein holes drilled in PVC! The more, the smaller, the better for aeration.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Making a fountain that attaches to the skimmer port, that looks and sounds good

Yeah I've seen all that, but those are pretty much the same as a amazon cheapo ones. I was actually planning on using a few return jets, and be able to angle them etc. I'm thinking I'll Try 3 1" jets to start, or possibly have one of those defector jets in the middle
    Approx 15,000 gallon gunite pool, fiberglass finish. Hayward SP2302VSP, compools solar controller, 6 4x10 "Sealed Air" brand solar panels, Clean and Clear 520 cartridge filter

4. Back To Top    #4

bump