Stenner pump maintenance

stev32k

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
Mobile, Alabama
My stenner has been in service just over one month and today I found the inlet strainer was plugged off and no chlorine was getting to the pool. I have no idea what caused the pluggage. The bulk container has a tight fitting lid and there is no visible debris inside.

I took off the inlet strainer, back washed it with a water hose and the pump started pumping again. Is this normal? The chlorine in the tank looks clear there is no debris floating on top or on the bottom that i can see. I took out the injection quill and there are no deposits and the opening is clear.

I'm considering putting the inlet strainer inside a section of nylon panty hose and using a cable tie to hold it in place. That should let me see if plugging is taking place before the pump stops pumping. The question is will the nylon hold up to 10.5% chlorine?

Anybody have any experience along these lines?

I have no idea what could be plugging the inlet screen. There is a little bit of white stuff floating on the surface, but I can't tell what it is or where it came from. Guess I'll just have to watch it carefully for awhile and see if it starts to plug again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.