Raypack 156a help

Jun 28, 2011
I just had my plumber run the gas to the heater. I have gas to the unit. When I turn the unit on it says timer/Fireman SW . Any ideas? Is it a safety feature because I do not have water running yet?

No, the firemans loop on the heater board (red loop) is not looped any more. Or, it is hooked up, and if you have timeclocks, the time clock is about 15 min before or after the shut off time. If you have automation, yes no pump running/call for heat from the automation.

wouldn't you want to run water through it too while the plumber was there?

In theory that is what I should have done. He left his tools so I'm not worried about him not coming back. I'm assuming the falt I am getting is due to no water. I know there is gas because he tested it. Tomorrow when I open the pool I will test it out.

thanks I am lost. The filter says 15 psi and that's what it said last summer so I am not losing any water pressure (or I don't think I am). I changed out the filter cartridge and nothing. I checked the pool and no water bubbles coming out of the jet and it is just as powerfull as last summer. Do I have a defective heater? Like I said today is the first time I turned the pool on. Do I need to run the filter for a period of time before I can use the heater? It still says Hi Limit 2 after I restarted the heater. Any suggestions would save me from throwing it over the fence lol jk...

Use the manual that Paul posted, locate the high limit, and confirm that the wires are connected properly. Also trace those wires back to the board, and confirm connection to the board. Didn't you post about a firemans switch error too? Sounds like something may be going on with the board or the plug connections.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Use the manual that Paul posted, locate the high limit, and confirm that the wires are connected properly. Also trace those wires back to the board, and confirm connection to the board. Didn't you post about a firemans switch error too? Sounds like something may be going on with the board or the plug connections.

As someone with no experience with a heaters. Learned a lesson don't touch. I plugged in the wire back in which. I though was causing the first problem. And everything is working fine. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.