I'm a COMPLETE IDIOT now please help me.

May 18, 2013
Hello and greetings everyone....

Here's my story,

Second year pool owner, used BBB all last year with great success. Opened the pool this year three weeks ago and accidentally dropped some leaves in the Semi clear water. Brought the filter and pump up from the basement, put brand new sand in and started running it. Next day GREEN as it could get. Tested ok but not bad so I shocked it for two days solid......GREEN, checked my numbers and I was still in "Shock" range. After three weeks very cloudy and green. I was scrubbing and brushing every day! Thought it was possibly my Taylor test kit so I broke down and took a sample to the pool store. Water tested perfect (Still in shock)....I was starting to thing you BBB guys and gals are CRAZY. Today when I went out there I noticed I had a small air leak so I tightened the fitting. And decided to backwash while I was there. When I moved the Handle to backwash the water rushed towards the pool. Wait, WHAT, thats not supposed to happen. After looking things over for bit I noticed that when i put the head on I hooked the return up to the backwash and it has been "Backwashing" for three weeks straight into the pool.

I now have it hooked up correctly and two hours later its still green. Where should I go from here? Just keep shocking it?

BMark, it happens to the best of us. No worries. One thing at a time. After you answer Fungi's question, consider telling us the following:
1 - What test set do you have?
2 - How exactly are you "shocking". At TFP, we "SLAM" - see link below.

We really need good test readings before going too much further. Consider reviewing all the links below in my signature to assist you. Finally, please modify your profile signature to include your pool info for everyone else to see as they chime-in with replies. We'll get you back on track!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.