What do you store your de in?

inhaling is bad ... not sure it stays forever though.

I just leave it in the box it comes in and pour out what I need.

See silicosis.

But realistically speaking, you need long-term, repeated exposures to DE to be at risk, so more like someone who works in a DE processing facility. In the typical outdoor pool scenario, you can easily avoid exposure to dust and remove yourself quickly from an area with DE dust in the air by simply remaining up-wind. If you wear a low-cost, painter's dust mask and practice good DE handling procedures (mixing small quantities with pool water prior to additions, etc), then the risks of developing any form of silicosis is quite low.

The main problem with DE and DE filters is improper disposal of spent DE and not having a proper separation tank installed (some jurisdictions don't require separation tanks). If you discharge DE onto your property and if it is not properly held down by the local soil conditions, then wind patterns can pick up DE dust and blow it around.

As for containers, transferring DE from it's primary container to a secondary storage container is not the best strategy. Leaving it in the package it came in is the best bet. If you want to put a secondary container around the original package, then I would suggest a wooden box or some other material over plastic as the plastic can develop static and the DE dust can stay on the plastic surface.

Just my two cent, dime-store opinion...

Thanks for the info JoyfulNoise. I choose to put it in another container because where I buy it it comes in a big dog food like bag. Horrible for sealing and storing. I do wear a low cost painters dust mask I just read that story once about inhaling and every time I think I get some in my face I freak out temporarily. Haha!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi what's chlorine puck container?

I think he means an old 3" tablet container. They are tall and round and large. He obviously doesnt use them anymore because he doesn't use pucks with bleach :). My puck container is nice as well with a twist locking lid, I might start using it in the near future. Thanks for the idea peteb48.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.