Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Upgrading: EZtouch vs iAqualink?

1. Back To Top    #1

Dallas, TX

Upgrading: EZtouch vs iAqualink?

My Compool cp3600 has stopped functioning. Since it's obsolete, our only option is to upgrade.

Our pool tech has quoted me on the EZtouch and the iAqualink. Aside from the smartphone control on the iAqualink, is any system generally better than the other? The iAqualink would cost significantly more than the EZtouch, so I'm inclined to go the cheaper route if all other things are the same.
    35k gal, sand, IG, diamond brite, Hayward Goldline T-CELL-15 Turbo SWG, Aquarite, Compool Lx3600

2. Back To Top    #2

Riverside California

Re: Upgrading: EZtouch vs iAqualink?

Look into the Pentair 521107 ComPool to EasyTouch Control System Upgrade Kit without Transformer. You can use your existing enclosure with all the relays, and just have to replace the left hand side door which has the circuit board and display. Add the Screen Logic and wireless interface kit and you will be all set. I did this to my old Compool LX10/timemaster which croaked last month. It was very easy to do and I could not be happier. I got everything I need from Sunplay for about $850.00 and did it myself.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.