Slide Install

Aug 22, 2013
Hi All,
I am new pool owner and member of the forum.
We have an inground 15x28 vinyl liner pool. We would like to add the SR Smith Typhoon slide to our pool. We would have to "stub up" through the concrete deck to install plumbing for water slide. It doesent look to be to bad, as we only need to go about 3 feet in the concrete deck to stub up.
I just had question on how I would connect to my current pool pump? I will have to post a picture, but i have (2) 3" pipes that come up from the ground to a T valve, then to the pool pump. The pipe goes to our heater and then back in the ground towards the pool. The 2 way valve, from what i was told is for the drains and the skimmer? We do have 2 drains in the deep end (6feet).

Sorry, I am trying to learn as i go. Contacted a few pool companies, but booking 4 weeks out and a few quoted that a slide would need to be installed after season??.

Thanks,
Dave

Welcome to TFP!

They are simply too busy now. It's about the hottest time of year for them. If you can DIY, it would save a ton anyway. If you could perhaps post a picture of your set up and proposed location for the feed it would be helpful.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

You would need to plumb the slide into the pressure side after the filter / heater and adding valves to control the flow.

I have a very old slide that is just fed by a 1/4" copper pipe from a freshwater source, but I think many modern slides want a MUCH higher flow rate than that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.