Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is this an early version of a Jandy NeverLube valve?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is this an early version of a Jandy NeverLube valve?

The attached image is of one of the two 3-way diverter valves in my plumbing system. There are no identifying markings on it that I can find, so I cannot determine the manufacturer. My pool was built circa 1987. I am not the original owner and do not know if this is original equipment. Upon removing the eight screws, I see that the actual diverter face (panel?) has a square rubber gasket that has seen better days. I'm wondering if this is an early version of a Jandy NeverLube valve (it has a white body with black cover, handle, and guts)? If it is, is it possible to simply replace the cover, handle, and guts with same parts from a new valve, say a 4715 3-port NeverLube?

Thanks

pool 3-way valve.jpg
    22K gal, IG gunite, kidney shaped, built circa 1987. Hayward Sand Filter S244T with Vari-Flo XL multiport control valve. Hayward Super Pump 1.5 hp. TFTestkits TF-100. SpeedStir. The PoolCleaner 2x suction. Municipal water.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is this an early version of a Jandy NeverLube valve?

I think Jandy always label theirs as such.
    Zodiac Pool Systems

Your best bet might be open it, take it to the pool store to compare the internals.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the suggestion, bobodaclown; makes sense. I do find it surprising that there are no identifying markings on this unit.

Cheers
    22K gal, IG gunite, kidney shaped, built circa 1987. Hayward Sand Filter S244T with Vari-Flo XL multiport control valve. Hayward Super Pump 1.5 hp. TFTestkits TF-100. SpeedStir. The PoolCleaner 2x suction. Municipal water.

4. Back To Top    #4

The pool store turned out to be not very helpful. I self-diagnosed using info from this web site. Turns out that the valve is likely an older Hayward Dial-a-Flow 3-way valve, since Hayward valve seal part SPX0733E fits perfectly. I unscrewed the pads/paddles on both of my valves and replaced each seal with this part, used Teflon Magic Lube on the seals and the pads, and now the valves work as designed--no more seepage due to worn out seal.