Rainbow 320 Questions - Bad Seal and Control Valve Placement Question

May 19, 2014
Chesterfield, MO
Hi all. Thanks in advance for your help.

Question 1. I am getting a leak from the bottom of the chlorinator, I think from seal "R" in the picture. What can I do to tighten this just a bit more? I've replaced the seal, obviously. Any home remedies?

Question 2 might solve question 3, so let's see what you think. I'm feeding a 35,000 gallon pool with this chlorinator. When I bought the house the control valve assembly was connected to the lower assembly. Shouldn't it be up top? The chlorinator sits on ground that is approximately 6' below water level.

Question 3, if the control valve is in the right place (lower), then how the h*ll do I replace the hose and not have it kink on me? So frustrating! I've tried hot water with no luck. Others have recommended regular flex pipe from Home Depot. Thoughts? Again, it's irrelevant if I should be connecting my control valve to the upper assembly.

Capture.jpgcapture0.jpg

Try to take apart and really clean the rubber seal and the chlorinator. Check seal for any tears or dirts ( should be smooth) Check chlorinator for any cracks or pits. Then lube that seal and gently tighten. Hope this helps. You could by pass this with a Stenner pump install.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.