Salt: 2300 (our SC says 2800 BTW)
    Calcium hardness: 140
    CYA : 40
    TA: 60
    pH: 7.8
    Copper okay
    iron okay
    Phosphates High - 500

We lost so much water out of our pool and then all the pumping we had to do to get it down to the tiles, I am not surprised we need salt...but the rest....they say we need:
    10lbs of Alkalinity
    26lbs of CH
    4lbs of CYA stuff
    salt 110lbs

Thoughts?
    19k SW IG
    Wet Edge pebble tech = new 5/16 (replaster)
    Hayward variable speed pump (new 6/17) /Shark for cleaning
    New - filled 10/18/14 - TFP 100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: after the deluge, our chems are

Just curious, you've been here a while, so are you not testing your own water as well? I would trust your results first, and I really suggest doing that before you jump in with their suggestions. Whoever "they" are.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_B View Post
    Just curious, you've been here a while, so are you not testing your own water as well? I would trust your results first, and I really suggest doing that before you jump in with their suggestions. Whoever "they" are.
    Yes, we are testing it, but I didn't trust the reading for the salt bc I found it hard to believe that our salt was at 2800. We had so much water loss.
    19k SW IG
    Wet Edge pebble tech = new 5/16 (replaster)
    Hayward variable speed pump (new 6/17) /Shark for cleaning
    New - filled 10/18/14 - TFP 100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Get some bleach in that pool like right now. Who knows what got washed in? With no FC, you're practically begging for a green gooey swamp.

What are your test results? Pool stores are notoriously bad with the CYA test in particular. Post your results and we'll all be happy to plug numbers into poolmath to check doses. As for salt.... if the SWG is happy, you should be too. It'll let you know if it wants more. Never try to argue with a computer.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

It is very important to always maintain the chlorine level above the minimum level for your cya level or algae will grow. Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach