How much Jacks Filter Fiber Stuff for Hayward Regenx g700 filter?

wick

Jul 17, 2013
The back of the 18 ounce bag says "60 square feet requires 5 DE Scoops or a 36 oz. bag." Best I can tell, the grid element, part #RGX70GE, is 70 sq. ft. I figured I'd start with one bag and see how it goes.

Unfortunately, I didn't pay close attention to the pressure before I put the stuff in, I think it was around 10ish. Now that the 18 oz. are in the pressure is around 17.

The problem is that the suction at the skimmer is weak and the outflow is equally dismal.

It feels like I put too much stuff in. Anyone have better information on how much to use? Should I clean out the element and try again with less, keeping a close watch on the pressure?

Thanks,
Wick

I can't tell you how many times I've looked at that manual and NEVER noticed the section on Precoating. It even has dosing info for cellulose! Thanks for catching that.

The instructions in the manual are for the 450 model, I have the 700, so I did some quick math and it looks like I overdid it by about 15 percent.

That just doesn't seem like enough for the extremely low flow I'm seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DE filters will have quick low flow with too little DE and too much DE. Hopefully you are cleaning out the element and starting new. Just do the math for the 700 and you got it. Have a great season.

Here's what I'm planning:

1. Clean the water as best I can so I don't gunk up the element in step 4.

2. Clean out the element. Will probably do the dishwasher detergent and may also do muriatic acid.

3. Set it up and get it running.

4. Note the pressure with no fiber.

5. Add fiber via a slurry, paying close attention to pressure.

6. Stop adding fiber when suction/outflow are where I remember them from last year.

7. Write it all down so I don't have to do this again next year. ;-)

8: Report back with results so someone else can benefit in the future.!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ITS ALL ABOUT THE SLURRY!

I did everything as outlined above except for the Muriatic Acid bath (I had done that last year and figured it was unnecessary 'cause I'm using fiber now rather than DE).

The suction and outflow are both fantastic and the water is crystal clear. I'm certain the slurry made the difference.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.