Praher multiport

Aug 26, 2012
Herndon, Va
I'm looking at purchasing a PRAHER #SM-10-AO MULTIPORT VALVE 1-1/2" ALL PORTS OPEN FIP (WHITE) to replace my old broken multiport.

I'm assuming that this is like all the other valves in that it has ports on the back side (part you can't see in the picture).

Anyone here ever used one of these? What are your opinions on this?

The reason I like this valve is I will be able to use my existing plumbing just the was it is as all of my current connections are threaded and already has a drain plumbed into it. All the other valves have the connections that go to the filter and I would have to cut those to add a drain plus I would have to redo all the plumbing as any of the other valves would mount lower.

Do you usually have to plumb in a drain? How else do you drain your filter?

Thanks,

Jim

There should be a port on the back side that you can't see in the picture. There are also ports under the bottom. The waste port is toward the upper left with the sight glass in it.

Some people just use flex hose on the waste port and don't have a hard drain line plumbed in.

There should be a port on the back side that you can't see in the picture. There are also ports under the bottom. The waste port is toward the upper left with the sight glass in it.

Some people just use flex hose on the waste port and don't have a hard drain line plumbed in.

Looks like it would work then. I suppose the dealers are just trying to sell me the other ones so they can make more money.

Thanks for the response.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.