didnt follow thru complete slam

Apr 27, 2015
china grove,nc
well I was so burnt out on purchasing bleach and going thru so much that I ended my slam to early it appears.. I ended my slam once I had no cc's and was holding a fc for a change, after 100+ gallons of bleach and other shocks
correct me if I am wrong here but I believe I may still have some gremlins, I feel that I have to keep my swg on a lot high setting then I should for the run time and cya (70)levels, I have been running it on 50% for 14 hours daily(7am-9pm) and only getting 6-8ppm fc with no cc's, so I increased the swg yesterday to 75% to see if it would increase the fc and it went up to 9fc when I checked it, this is also with no swimming during the week. my pool is roughly 22k gallons and the swg is rated for 45k, so the reasoning for believing I may of stopped the slam to soon and question is, I checked my fc yesterday afternoon at 7pm and got a reading of 9fc with no cc, turned the pump on at 630am this morning to check fc and got 6fc so I believe I am losing to much fc and something is eating it, water is clear and beautiful as it has been since opened... so I lost 3fc overnight, but I also checked it this morning with out the pump running, could this cause the lower reading?
if I start a slam again and finally get it where I lose 1 or less fc overnight with the day time ch demand be less?

full test results 5/26
fc7
cc0
ph 7.2
ta100
cya70

tested Sunday before and ph was 8.0 so I added ma to lower it down

Yup, ending a SLAM early leaves "gremlins" in the water and they rear their ugly head at the worst time. If there is still algae growing it will slowly overtake what your SWCG can produce and then take over the pool

It seems quite common that when the water is crystal clear but yet it still eats a bunch of chlorine, that something is still in there. And frequently, it's a mess of goo behind the pool light or beneath ladder steps or inside ladder uprights or down in the main drain well. So... check those things out. And run everything you have - drains, spas, waterfalls, whatever. You want the high-chlorine-level water everywhere. Also check for organic debris is the leaf basket. Maybe even in the filter. That will use a lot of bleach even if it isn't algae. It's still in the water, even if it isn't visible in the pool. You already passed two of the three SLAM tests, so cleaning everything out and blasting it again could make this SLAM very brief.

I did change my pool light bulb a few weeks ago and all kinda of nasty came out behind it, I left it out for 3-4 days and brushed it all out before reinstalling it...
will work on slamming it again this weekend and see if I can get some better control of holding fc and hopefully be able to decrease pump time and swg %

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.