I'm still doing a lot of reading here and trying to learn, but I'm hoping for some quick feedback as I learn. When I opened my pool a few weeks ago it was amazingly clear. I vacuumed, shocked, and cleaned and the water was as clear as I've ever had it. Over memorial day weekend the chlorine feeder went empty. I was raising the water temp and overnight it went from crystal clear to cloudy. Not green, but I couldn't even see the bottom.
I got some 12% liquid shock from my local store and have been trying to get it back in shape. I put in 4 gallons in the evening (I didn't measure the total, but it was over 11ppm) and by the morning it was back down to 1ppm and the water looked worse (cloudier).
In the past We've found that getting the pH up has helped, so I put in 5lbs of pH+ and this morning I can at least see the bottom of the shallow end.
This morning's test:
CC=.4 (down from 2.6)
I put in 2 more gallons of 12% in this morning.
I have family in town this weekend and we were really hoping to use the pool. Is there any hope?