Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex pump.....not much flow.

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex pump.....not much flow.

Hey.

I have an 3100 gl Intexpump, witch until today has been working without problems.

Today when i went out to put the vacuum in, it didn't move at all. I felt the flow comming back to the pool, and there was allmost none of it. The pump it self is working, but something is wrong with the flow. I tried to make a longer backwash and a longer rinse, and it seemed like it worked for 5 seconds, and the vacuum was running, but then it stopped again.

What can be wrong??

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex pump.....not much flow.

By chance, were you vacuuming up pine needles or something else stringy? They can slip through the pump strainer basket and clog the impeller. So it spins and sounds normal, but it doesn't move any water. Check out the pictures here. Intex Pump Presure Dropped? Try this and see if it helps
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Intex pump.....not much flow.

I have no pinetrees in the garden.....fortunatly

I did locate the problem. Luckely it wasnt the pump. It was different small stuff, stuck in behind the skimmer, so it couldnt suck properly.

Thanks for posting