Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Reagent Shelf Life

1. Back To Top    #1

Terre Haute, IN

Reagent Shelf Life

I read the recommendation by Taylor to change reagents after 1 year: ... Print=true

Anyone have any real world experience that the reagents did go bad on them after a few years? Did they truly give innacurate results with a few years of shelf life?

2. Back To Top    #2

Coastalish 'down easter'

Re: Reagent Shelf Life

While we wait for the real experts on test chems to answer, I'll give my input on this

Most of the chems are good for a few years, if properly cared for! You don't want them to freeze nor bake in the sun - it's best to keep them at room temp in the shade when not using them! They can be stored in the fridge, but you need to let some of them get to room temp before using them. The chems that are particularly sensitive to UV are in opaque or solid bottles.
    Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)