Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Broken return on an in-ground plaster hottub

1. Back To Top    #1
    Oklahoma City, OK

Broken return on an in-ground plaster hottub

I am still finding issues with my pool that came with the house I just bought...I have an in-ground plaster hot tub that feeds into my vinyl liner pool. The hot tub has an odd (to me) configuration... 5 jets and a pipe. The pipe and one of the jets serve as returns, the other 4 jets are normal hot tub bubbler jets.

The "return" jet is broken and loose, and I think is causing dirt to get into my pool... What is a viable solution to fix this? I am thinking of getting in there with a little concrete and caulk to keep the dirt back. Any thoughts?
    Owner since August 2014. 21,500G Liner In ground Pool with attached 600G plaster in ground hottub. TF-100 Test Kit, Filter: Pentair TA60D Clearpro Sand (HTH) Filter. Pool: 1 Drain, 2 Skimmers 4 Returns. Hot Tub: 1 drain, 1 skimmer, 2 returns. Hot Tub/Pool run by Sta-Rite Dura Glas Single Speed 1.5hp P2RA5F-182L pump with Emerson K63CXESE4972 motor. Spa jets run by Sta-Rite Dura Glas H/L model number unknown.

2. Back To Top    #2
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Re: Broken return on an in-ground plaster hottub

Caliskier, I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post about a broken return. Not sure if you have resolved your issue by now, but this reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. We apologize for the delay, and thank you for checking-in with TFP. Have a great day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!