Vacuum Stuck in Skimmer Box

May 28, 2015
Hackensack, NJ
Hi (username is a joke). Long story short, I attached my SkimVac vacuum plate in the skimmer box without the o-ring. It got stuck in there and the elbow joint broke off.

I have the pump turned off, the pool runs with the basket on top of the plate, but I have to empty the basket super frequently. Tried Vaseline at pool store's suggestion, and worried about prying too hard and damaging skimmer box.

Totally not sure what to do. At the point where I'm considering trying to cut the thing out.

Instead of prying on it, if you can get the head of one of those pry bars into the hole in the plate, you may be able to dislodge it by repeatedly pulling up sharply on the pry bar while catching the head on underside of the hole. The idea is to "hammer" the plate loose. Just be sure to keep your face clear in case it breaks loose suddenly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.