Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: DPD Powder bad

1. Back To Top    #1

Seminole, FL

DPD Powder bad

I try and keep my Taylor K2006 kit in a cool, dark, dry place but the Florida heat and humidity seems to have got the better of my DPD powder (not original, replacement from tftestkits). It's black and very clumpy. That shouldn't be a problem in itself, but this stuff sticks to the side of the measuring cylinder in spots. The FC test works fine, but I'm left with a spotty residue in the tube that will not remove come off or dissolve easily. I have to soak in bleach and scrub the tube to get it clean again.

It would be a shame to throw half a pot away, unless anyone knows a good removal chemical? I'll be putting an order in tomorrow whatever.

Built 1980, 19' x 30' almost rectangular, screened 15,000 gal, plaster, Hayward DE 3620 filter (currently using cellulose), Emerson 1081 1HP pump, AquaCal Heatwave SuperQuiet SQ110R heater, Zodiac T5 Cleaner, Taylor K-2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: DPD Powder bad

You should be able to just break up the clumps in the jar. A little muriatic acid should clean up the tube.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!