Husband didn't level out ground HELP!!!!!

May 23, 2015
Andrews, SC
Ok... so I tried to tell my husband till I was blue in the face LEVEL OUT THE GROUND BEFORE WE PUT SAND DOWN! Of course he didn't listen... we put edging down and had sand delivered. Well now because he didn't level out the ground and added sand the end that was lower has sand wayyyy above the edging. Its created a drop off before the edging its so high. It's crazy and I'm so upset he didn't listen. I do not know what to do.... should I level out the sand on the low side so it is even with the edging then level out the rest of Pool area and take excess sand off? We are racking our brains how to fix it.... can't find higher edging, using stones/bricks etc, etc. 1432856149599-23840498.jpg

Seems like you have to lower the level of the sand down so it is all contained in the barrier and hopefully still above the dirt on the high end ... and then hope that the sand does not get washed out.

I think trying to use bricks of something where the sand is too high will not work as the sand will still get washed out between the bricks.

He's more optimistic than me. ^^^

I see beer, motrin, work gloves, shovels, and foul language in your weekend ahead. :rant:

Drag that tarp off to the side and start moving sand onto it. Then cut down the high side of the ground. Then reinstall the border and move some sand back. It's a ton of work, but it'll be just as much work later, and if it gets done now, you won't have mud, bent uprights and rails, and wrinkled sidewalls to deal with, too.

murphys-law-anything-that-can-go-wrong-will-go-wrong-20-638.jpg

So I should take out the sand dig up the dirt then put sand back in to relevel it? Omg my husband is SO in the dog house for this. I told him and told him and told him. He said I was over thinking it and now look. I was hoping there would be an easier way then taking out all the sand I didn't know if my idea of leveling out from the low side would work... my brother in law lived here before we did and he had a pool in the same spot. He didn't level out the ground or anything. He didn't have probs... But he's also a idiot generally.

Go with your gut. Start at the low end and remove the high end dirt. Put a level to it checking and rechecking as you go.

If that sand is level then there is a lot of work ahead. For your sake I'm hoping it isn't. That looks close to 10" that needs to come out of the high side.

I spent what seemed liked hours and hours (and beers....) with my shovel and level, which was 2 years ago. Now when I put my pool up it took about an hour because the time was spent on the front end.

Good luck to you and definitely heed the advice of everyone above.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.