AG Plumbing: Few Questions

UF2052

Jun 1, 2013
Mid-Mi
I am getting ready to plumb in a new Hayward Pro pump/ filter system to our Intex 20'x52" and have a few questions.

Maybe I should have asked before ordering, but if I place the pump system up near the house, which is about 11' from the pool to house edge (actual straight run of pvc would should be about 9-10' once set up), is this to far of a run for a 1hp pump?

And for the million dollar question.... IF the pvc electrical conduit is sched 40, is that not rated the same as the standard sched 40 white pvc? The ONLY REASON I ask is because of the sweep the 90*'s have for pulling wire. Less loss due to restriction (at least in my crazy thinking! Lol).

Or just jump to 2" pvc for less loss?

And any reason I can't reverse the in/out of the Intex so the return has less distance by a few feet and one less 90* (unless I run the pvc up to the outlet at ~ a 45* angle eliminatiogn a 90*)? I would run the one pipe over to the other to the other to run them to the pump next to each other.

I don't have a through wall skimmer (yet), but do have the large Intex skimmer so the intake should always be below the water line.

TY!

Your pump will laugh at 11' feet of straight pipe ... that is nothing.
The sweeps 90s are not needed as they really do not save you much in the scheme of things ... not sure if the grey PVC can be used or not, I would not.

Running 2" would certainly lower the head loss a lot more than trying to use sweeps.

Not familiar enough with the in/out holes of the Intex to know if swapping them is fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.