Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ok Newbie with my TF-100

1. Back To Top    #1

Ok Newbie with my TF-100

Ok so we put up the pool for the first time and have added nothing as of now. PH is 7.5 but my CYA is 0 but than again I haven't added anything as of now. So this tells me that I need stabalizer correct. If so what do I buy for stabalizer?

Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ok Newbie with my TF-100

What does what and how to add it is all covered in Recommended Pool Chemicals.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Since my cya is 0 and my fc is 0 can I add both the stabilizer and bleach in at the same time?

Thanks

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by octanefam View Post
    Since my cya is 0 and my fc is 0 can I add both the stabilizer and bleach in at the same time?

Thanks
    Yes, because CYA dissolves so slowly. Normally you wait 30 minutes between doses. Be sure to follow the instructions in Recommended Pool Chemicals on how to add, and aim low with the CYA. You might have some in there but it's too low to read. You don;t want to go too high. Adding more is easy. Removing too much is not.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Ok I added my stabilizer last night and then added my bleach about an hour afterwards. Pump has been running since last night. This morning checked the sock and gave it a squeeze.

As I have read here it's ok to swim with just adding these two components. I know my son will want to swim today it's not very often we get 80 degree weather in May in the Pacific Northwest The pool is a bit chilly still, yesterday it was at 65 degrees but it didn't stop either of us.

Thanks for all the help.