Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stabilizer .. dissolved it fast?

1. Back To Top    #1

Waterford, MI

Stabilizer .. dissolved it fast?

I need nearly 10lbs of stabilizer in my pool.

I just put about 4lbs in some knee high panty hose. I put that in the skimmer basket and massaged it for about 10 minutes and it has about dissolved! I'm going to put another 4 lbs in the panty hose and drop it in the skimmer again. Should I massage this other bag for quick dissolve or is that bad to do. I read most people hanging the sock and it taking 2-5 days.
    Michigan - 24'x54" AG, approx 15,000g, 2 center drains, Cartridge filter, Aqua Pro 2hp, 2 speed pump 3.5a@1725w / 10.5a@3450w, Hayward Salt & Swim SWG, Poolskim, Aquabot Rover Jr.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Stabilizer .. dissolved it fast?

It is dissolved but not distributed in the pool. I do the same thing with a skimmer sock and, if you massage the bag long enough, it certainly is a lot faster.

It will take time to show up on the CYA test. It can take up to a week before the test will register any CYA. My preferred method, which I believe is what is taught here at TFP, is to add 80% of what you think you need and then measure to see where you're at. With CYA that could mean having to be patient to wait for results. But you should have enough stabilizer in the water to do whatever else you need to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3
    Longview, Texas

Re: Stabilizer .. dissolved it fast?

squeeze it... no worries.
    It will still take several days for it to show up on the test

If you dont squeeze it, it could take a couple days to all dissolve.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!