Just got my test kit

Jun 7, 2009
Hi, my pool has been impossible this year. Just got my TF100 kit and the numbers are
FC 0
Ph 7.5
TA 100
CYA 25
Above ground pool, cartridge filter,
I put my numbers, 16x24x4.5 feet deep and got 10000 gallons or so but I think they told me it was like 30000 gallons does that make any sense?
PoolMath says I only need 51 oz of chlorine so I know something is not adding up. Pool has been cloudy, whiteish mostly.
Appreciate any help we're normally swimming in April. Haven't been in yet.

Thanks, you know the old joke "everything's been good till now". I'm wondering how much chlorine I need to have on hand for that. Using 10% gallon jugs from Walmart. After I get the Ph closer of course

Well, PoolMath will calculate how much you will have to add to reach shock level. Then you will need to maintain it there. It will take 1.3 gallons of 10% to reach shock level ... So you should have a 3-4 gallons on hand.

Well, I guess I overshot the mark.
Ph 8.2+
CYA 80
TA 250
FC 2
CC 2
Cleaned filter pumps been running 3 days, still very cloudy water, although not green.
Really regretting putting so much stuff in, I knew better. Was thinking we'd get rain, that usually washes some out. What should I do now. My electric bill is gonna be crazy high.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.