Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CYA question, newbie

1. Back To Top    #1

CYA question, newbie

I just got my first TFTest kit and have questions about CYA. I'm relatively new here I appreciate your patience.

36,000 gal 40 X20 with auto cover SWG
    salt set to 3000
    chlorinator at 40%, it was set at 45% yesterday (we just had pool ppl open about 2 weeks ago)
    FC: 6.5
    pH: 7.5

Not sure what other readings you need. CYA is showing up clear for the entire tube, so essentially a zero score? I repeated the test 3 times and watched the you tube video twice. Waiting to hear back from our pool guy (who opens the pool) to see what he added.

Thanks in advance!

Amy

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CYA question, newbie

Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile and pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Sounds like you need to add a lot of stabilizer.
    When was the pool opened?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Updated. Opened about 2 weeks ago. Kids are out swimming in it right now for the first time.
    36K gal (40 X 20), IG vinyl w/AC, Hayward single speed Super Pump 1hp, Hayward C1200 Star-Clear Plus 120 sq ft cartridge filter, Hayward AquaPlus SWG
    TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin Supreme robot
    Cleveland, OH

4. Back To Top    #4

Well anything that was added 2 weeks ago would certainly be showing up on the tests at this point.

I think I would add about 40-50ppm of CYA now, then a week after it is dissolved, check the CYA level and make another adjustment up to the 70-80ppm range for the SWG.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!