Cool pool

magicruiser

LifeTime Supporter
May 1, 2015
Houston TX
We are building a pool ( our 1st ) in Houston. I am concerned about the water temp being too hot in late summer. I asked my pb about a chiller. He discouraged me from going that route. We will have 3 waterfalls and 2 jets and a bubbler on the tanning shelf. Will this help with the water temp or should we go with the chiller ? Should we install 4 jets instead of 2 ? I appreciate all your help. This forum has already taught me a lot !

Any aeration will lower the water temp (and raise the pH).
One option would be adding solar panels. You could run them in the spring and fall to add heat to extend your season and then in the summer run them at night to cool the pool.

Thanks Patrick ! I guess I've got too much time on my hands, lol ! Just waiting for our dig ��
As expected, our pb is a little backed up due to the rain !
One more question, will 2x4 stacked stone on our pool wall be a problem to clean or should we go with tile ?

Reverse operation solar panel cooling does work in our climate, but is limited due to the tendency to have high humidity and high temperatures at night in the summer on the gulf coast. (Jason it is not uncommon to have lows in the upper 80's at 3 am in August with near 100% humidity to block radiational cooling).

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.