Low psi

Wseaac

May 28, 2015
Reynoldsburg Ohio
Ok, I've spent some significant time online and on hold with a local pool store, I'm pretty excited to join a forum where I can learn and maybe one day help others learn.

So my question is with low psi. I've had an INTEX pool for a few years (5,000gal) with the filter it came with, this year I upgraded to a small Hayward sand filter. Everything is hooked up, no leaks, added the recommended 42 lbs of sand and the psi is 3 on filter. The psi on backwash is 0 (although it's clearly not really zero, cause there's some water coming out.

Why is the psi so low?

On backwash there is very little pressure built up in the filter since there is not much restriction after the filter.

Having a low PSI while running in filter mode could be normal. Can you be more specific about your pool equipment?

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.