CircuPool Si 60 Plus Experiences

May 4, 2015
Knoxville TN
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-40
Has anyone had over a year of experience with one of CircuPool's Si Plus saltwater chlorine generators? What do you think of them? What has been your experience with reliability? A 7 year warranty sounds good and the price is right.
Thanks for any input

Hi Kermit, welcome to TFP. I like you am new to this site and it's been great. We switched over to SWG last summer. Put in new liner and SWG about halfway thru the season. That being said I don't have a ton of experience with it yet ,but so far it has worked great. Its an SI-30 and Last year I had it set between 40 - 50 %, running 8 hours a day and it held FC right where I wanted it. This summer I will probably tweak the % and pump run time to see what happens. It's a pretty robust system, easy to use and understand, Cleaning the cell is straight forward and easy. There may be better or less expensive systems, but I am happy with the SI so far. Others may have other or better recommendations. any other questions about it, feel free to ask.

I have a SI 30+ and I'm running it at 20% on a 14,000 gallon pool. So far it's fine. (I'm still zeroing in on chemicals, and swim season isn't in full swing here)

It seems to be more finicky than my old Hayward. Last year I had scaling problems due to poor PH control. This year I was more careful on chemical balance and also I went with borates.

It says to keep the SI between -0.2 and +0.2. That seems kind of narrow to me especially when the manual says -0.3 to +0.3.

But it is working fine, and at a great price thanks to our commie buddies in Asia.

Thanks for your input, guys. I ordered the Si 60 Plus Friday and it is supposed to arrive by this coming Friday. Assuming all goes well, I'll do the install Saturday or Sunday.
I started draining the pool last week, then pressure washed, sprayed with bleach, patched bad places in the gunite, and started refilling about an hour ago. I have no idea how long that will take, but I'll let you know how the CircuPool install goes next week.
Thanks again

Thanks for your input, guys. I ordered the Si 60 Plus Friday and it is supposed to arrive by this coming Friday. Assuming all goes well, I'll do the install Saturday or Sunday.
I started draining the pool last week, then pressure washed, sprayed with bleach, patched bad places in the gunite, and started refilling about an hour ago. I have no idea how long that will take, but I'll let you know how the CircuPool install goes next week.
Thanks again

Kermit,

can you elaborate on your experience with the Si-60 Plus from Curcupool over the last year? I am building a pool roughly the size of yours and am considering either the Si-60 Plus of the SJ-60 Plus, and just doing as much reading as I can before ordering. Any comments are appreciated...

-Mickey

I've had mine for exactly a year, and I've never had a moment's problem with it. With a single speed pump I ran it about 8 hours a day last summer on a 30k gallon pool, and I might have went up to 75% output for a little while. I swapped in a 2 speed motor this year, so I'll probably run it longer at a lower percentage.

My only issue with the system is the powder coating on the box. It has started to peel and rust.
a35809af18a30770d32cfcf44ab71c27.jpg

d831b05b9e4e7dc85cc7c6c5a2dc4823.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.