Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CircuPool Si 60 Plus Experiences

1. Back To Top    #1

CircuPool Si 60 Plus Experiences

Has anyone had over a year of experience with one of CircuPool's Si Plus saltwater chlorine generators? What do you think of them? What has been your experience with reliability? A 7 year warranty sounds good and the price is right.
    Thanks for any input
    35,000 gallon gunite pool. 1 hp hayward pump. Sand filter. Waterfall. 1 main drain. 2 skimmers. 4 returns. 1 1/2" PVC tubing. Maytronics robot.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CircuPool Si 60 Plus Experiences

Hi Kermit, welcome to TFP. I like you am new to this site and it's been great. We switched over to SWG last summer. Put in new liner and SWG about halfway thru the season. That being said I don't have a ton of experience with it yet ,but so far it has worked great. Its an SI-30 and Last year I had it set between 40 - 50 %, running 8 hours a day and it held FC right where I wanted it. This summer I will probably tweak the % and pump run time to see what happens. It's a pretty robust system, easy to use and understand, Cleaning the cell is straight forward and easy. There may be better or less expensive systems, but I am happy with the SI so far. Others may have other or better recommendations. any other questions about it, feel free to ask.
    Si -central Mo. 32' x 16' -- 3'4" to 6' deep Vinyl liner - 16,500 Gals : Triton II filter -Duraglass 2 hp pump - 1 speed : SI-30 salt generator
    TF-100 with speedstir

3. Back To Top    #3

I installed my si-60+ a couple weeks ago. Seems like a nice unit. Everything is working as it should.
    30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

I have a SI 30+ and I'm running it at 20% on a 14,000 gallon pool. So far it's fine. (I'm still zeroing in on chemicals, and swim season isn't in full swing here)

It seems to be more finicky than my old Hayward. Last year I had scaling problems due to poor PH control. This year I was more careful on chemical balance and also I went with borates.

It says to keep the SI between -0.2 and +0.2. That seems kind of narrow to me especially when the manual says -0.3 to +0.3.

But it is working fine, and at a great price thanks to our commie buddies in Asia.
    SWG: CircuPool (May 2014) SI30+Plus; 3000ppm seems ideal;
    My Ideal Specs:
    FC 5; PH 7.4-7.6; TA 90; CH 350; CYA 75; = SI ~ 0.19
    14,000 gal, in ground, plaster, Cartridge filter, Borates
    TAYLOR K - 2006

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for your input, guys. I ordered the Si 60 Plus Friday and it is supposed to arrive by this coming Friday. Assuming all goes well, I'll do the install Saturday or Sunday.
    I started draining the pool last week, then pressure washed, sprayed with bleach, patched bad places in the gunite, and started refilling about an hour ago. I have no idea how long that will take, but I'll let you know how the CircuPool install goes next week.
    Thanks again
    35,000 gallon gunite pool. 1 hp hayward pump. Sand filter. Waterfall. 1 main drain. 2 skimmers. 4 returns. 1 1/2" PVC tubing. Maytronics robot.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by kermit7012 View Post
    Thanks for your input, guys. I ordered the Si 60 Plus Friday and it is supposed to arrive by this coming Friday. Assuming all goes well, I'll do the install Saturday or Sunday.
    I started draining the pool last week, then pressure washed, sprayed with bleach, patched bad places in the gunite, and started refilling about an hour ago. I have no idea how long that will take, but I'll let you know how the CircuPool install goes next week.
    Thanks again
    Kermit,

can you elaborate on your experience with the Si-60 Plus from Curcupool over the last year? I am building a pool roughly the size of yours and am considering either the Si-60 Plus of the SJ-60 Plus, and just doing as much reading as I can before ordering. Any comments are appreciated...

-Mickey

7. Back To Top    #7

CircuPool Si 60 Plus Experiences

I've had mine for exactly a year, and I've never had a moment's problem with it. With a single speed pump I ran it about 8 hours a day last summer on a 30k gallon pool, and I might have went up to 75% output for a little while. I swapped in a 2 speed motor this year, so I'll probably run it longer at a lower percentage.

My only issue with the system is the powder coating on the box. It has started to peel and rust.

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks 240sxguy! I appreciate the info. My pool will be about 5% larger than yours by volume. I will have a 1.5 Superflo VS pump. and a similarly sized 100gpm sand filter.

-Mickey