I have lots of questions so I'll try to keep this as brief as possible!
- The jets seem to be spitting out a lot of bubbles, small ones constantly, bigger ones ever 2-3 seconds. I'm worried one of the pipes has a puncture or something allowing air to seep in like a cracked straw.
- The pool equipment sits on a concrete pad in a shed. I haven't been able to locate the leak but the lawn downhill is saturated with water. We aren't actually in the home yet so I haven't been able to determine if the pool is losing water but the grass has to be getting wet somehow. There's a minor leak somewhere that is causing the pad to be wet but I don't think it explains that amount of water in the lawn. Ideas?
- Speaking of equipment, I was able to identify a Haywood pump and a "Sta-Rite" Diatomaceous Earth Filter and a Pentair MasterTemp 300 heater. So far, that's all I know but could anyone tell me anything I absolutely need to know about them? I've done some Googling but so far nothing about the setup seems especially notable.
- The pool decking has large cracks. Some appear to be cosmetic but others are very concerning. One on the corner appears to be near falling into the pool, the other goes right through the skimmer. Can these be filled or is there the possibility of a very serious structural issue?
- The owner left behind a very nice winter cover but the summer cover was tossed. How do most folks handle the reel? Do you permanently affix the reel to the decking or do most of you prefer the kind on wheels? The wheeled ones I've seen look cheaply constructed but I certainly wouldn't want anyone nailing their foot on a permanent one.
Thanks so much for your help!