I have an old Teledyne Laars Lite 2 - 250K btu, propane heater that won't ignite. Unit is older but was used last season fairly reliably. It has not fired or run this season.
Situation is similar to this post: Laars Lite Pool Heater won't keep running - Page 2
- HSI will glow indicating safeties have been satisfied
- Valve solenoid(s) "click" and will attempt to open but definitely no flame or presence of propane is evident
- Valve will try to open 3 times before HSI and heater shut down
- Fuel line valves are open to Honeywell valve
- Measured 24 - 24.8 VAC at the valve when attempting to open over several attempts (one time @ 25.2 VAC)
- Tapping on valve does not affect outcome
- Cracked/opened fitting upstream of Honeywell valve, confirmed propane with leak detector soap
- note: I don't have a gas tester, so it could be air but heater ran last season with no change to fuel line. Does smell like a static gas line.
1. What is the best way to check for blockages, spider webs, etc. from the valve to the burner tips?
2. Can I expect a transformer replacement could help? I think no, since I have 24 volts at the valve.
3. Is there anything short of a faulty valve at this point?
Although I don't want to replace the entire heater, I would probably not spend $150 for a replacement valve. But I am open to any suggestions and very appreciative of help.