Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pavers under posts

1. Back To Top    #1

pavers under posts

I am about to start my pool install and was concerned using pavers underneath the posts. I will be using 11 x 11 pavers (smallest and cheapest I could find) and will put down a sand base and the sand will be level with the pavers, my concern is the roughness of the pavers and possible edge of the pavers tearing the liner. Should I put the post in the center of the paver or more toward the front edge of the pavers. Thanks for the help.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pavers under posts

The simple solution is to not use pavers. Use a piece of wood. You can bevel the edges of the wood. I have used 1/4" thick wood under my poles and have never had a board crack. Think about it, the bottom of the pool pole is made out of plastic. These are temporary pools. By the time the wood rots away, the pool will be long gone.

3. Back To Top    #3

I used pavers and haven't had any problem. The pool curved away before it came to the pavers. I can't remember if mine are centered though. They're under rubber mulch now and it's been many many years.
    18' x 48" (42" water depth) Intex Metal Frame 6,700 Gallons
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.0 HP pump
    Hayward Pro Series S166T Sand Filter
    Original Intex Floating Skimmer

4. Back To Top    #4

I used pavers on our 18X48 and despite being ground level and covered with 3 tarps, it wore a hole into the liner (this was the last summer I put it up only). The pool was 10 summers old and it was ready to be upgraded, but it made the decision to not use pavers under the upgraded model a little easier for me.
    Intex 22X52 Ultra Frame
    Hayward VL Series Sand Filter
    Full Sun, No trees
    Taylor TF-100
    Gorgeous deck!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the help. I was scared of the pavers tearing the liner and I may just get the ground level, put down a few inches of sand and set my pool on that.