Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: replacement weir

1. Back To Top    #1

replacement weir

Hi, I have not been on this site since last year but you you all can help me out again.

My pool was built around 1972 and it is a gunite pool with a swimquip skimmer. The weir was never there and I would like to install one as it helps keep stuff in the skimmer and with the number of oak tress around that is helpful.

where the weir attaches is about 8 1/2 by 4 to maybe 5 inches. Their are two small tabs on the bottom of the weir frame on the skimmer where I i believe the weir would attach.

Now the question is which weir to get, I have no idea? Can somebody please offer guidance

thanks

I also get errors when I try to post pictures from taptalk and online as I want to show progress.
    1971 Gunite 31x16 IG Kidney shape pool approx 18000 Gallons
    EcoFinish Blue Lagoon
    Sta-rite System3 S7M120 Cartridge Filter
    A.O. Smith 3/4 HP motor, starite pump
    TF100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: replacement weir

Hello, depending on your skimmer have you looked at this

Here's a link: American Products Floating Weir - Super Pool Parts It's two parts.

skimmer basket floating weir - Google Search skimmer basket floating weir

You won't have to worry about the door anymore.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

thats an idea. Do you have one and if so I take it your happy with it
    EcoFinish Blue Lagoon
    TF100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes I have one. Came with the pool. Works well enough. Holds a lot. . Just make sure the skimmer is big enough. The weir adjusts to the level of the water. Fits into the basket.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

5. Back To Top    #5

You might also consider one of these AQUAPower Skimmer Door - OFFICIAL SITE I installed one the other day to replace the broken weir gate on my pool (the old weir gate would also stick causing the pump to loose prime), overall it seems to work fairly well, probably an improvement over a conventional weir as there is not flapping.

Ike

p.s. if you get one watch the youtube installation video, the printed instructions leave a bit to be desired, installation takes about 30 second, but you need to be in the pool to do it
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

6. Back To Top    #6

The aqua power looks like a innovative design, but $50 is kind of a lot
    EcoFinish Blue Lagoon
    TF100 test kit

7. Back To Top    #7

I had the same thoughts, but decided to take a chance on it
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

8. Back To Top    #8

I have the pentair circular weirs, they came with my pool and they work great.
    16x32 vinyl ig with foxguard steel walls,gli liner ,hayward de filter,hayward heatpro heat pump,hayward colorlogic 4.0 led.pentair circular weir skimmers.hayward sharkvac xl robot,gli mesh cover.polk atrium speakers,sonos music system.erie pa.