Cloudy water

Joycer

May 28, 2015
Watermill/New York
When opening the pool it was cloudy. I brought up water level with well water going through a filter to remove metals. Then brought up alkalinity and PH. Added some Algicide and shocked it with four 1lb bags of shock. 29,000 gal pool sand filter. I have since shocked it three times since last Saturday. Aldo added a clarifier for 24 hrs (nothing) then added conquest for 24 hrs. Then vacuumed pool and shocked it again with 3 more lbs. still cloudy and min chlorine level. Pool was covered with solid cover all winter.

Welcome to the best pool site on the net!

You really need to get a GOOD test kit like one of the ones in my siggy. That is really the only way you will be able to care for your pool and keep this from happening again.

To clear your pool you will need to SLAM it. To SLAM it you will need a test kit.

Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

Good luck!

Let me know when you have your test kit and we can go from there!

kim

Please keep in mind that with TFP methods (which do work), all those bags of "shock", algaecides, etc are a complete waste of your time and money, not to mention counter-productive to what TFP tries to do. We maintain our pools with the least amount of chemicals needed, and the ones we do use are basic materials (i.e. liquid bleach, baking soda, etc). Kim is right ~ you need to start the SLAM process. Refer to the Chlorine/CYA chart and Recommended Level chart links in my "siggy" to assist. Match-up your pool to each chart and go for those numbers. But 1st .... yo must get one of the recommended test kits. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.